1. Our friend’s birthday party was a success. Many people that I didn’t know, some of whom I now do.
2. I don’t remember any of their names. I’m like that.
3. We copied out our Page 50 quotations and put them on a billboard covering an entire wall.
4. Mine was the only one in English. It also ran the longest. I like Paul Theroux very much.
5. I managed to copy down a few others. I hope to translate them over the next day or so.
6. The evening flowed like the meanderings of a slow-moving river stretching back many years.
7. At one point, I came up behind a beautiful woman, put my arms around her, kissed her on the neck, told her she was beautiful and that I loved what she was wearing.
8. That woman was my wife.
9. I started off with champagne and then shifted to beer. Sometimes I’m downwardly mobile.
10. After we had dinner, some got up and started to play music. Two were on guitar, another on electric piano, while two sang.
11. All the songs were in English, but everyone knew the words. I tried not to sing too loudly when they played the Beatles tunes.
12. We rode our bikes there. On the way home, there was a minor earthquake.
13. As I was riding along, the ground shifted. This made me lose my balance.
14. I was instantly reminded how much it hurts when flesh hits pavement.
15. My brand-new glasses got bent all out of shape, to boot.
16. K put on a band-aid when we got home to stop the bleeding. I think my leather jacket needs dry cleaning now.
17. Sometimes I think I’m the world’s oldest teenager.
18. I learned back when I was 15 not to mix different types of booze, and never drink the last one no matter how much you want it.
19. Sometimes I wonder if I’m setting a good example for my 10-year-old.
20. Those last three are just musings, but I’m leaving them in anyway.
21. I just remembered that I wrote two haikus to Haikus yesterday morning and can be found at the bottom of this post’s comments list. I hope he doesn’t think I’m a Canadian idiot.
22. I am dreading the sunrise, because that just means it will be closer to the time I have to head to work.
23. In the last 24 hours, I also had some content stolen from this blog. The thief is a splogger. They are nasty creatures.
24. I sent them a polite request to take my content down off their site. Most Canadians are polite, and mean what they say. Beware of exceptions.